Wednesday, August 24, 2016

DANGEROUS ASSIGNMENT - Episode # 01 - "The Alien Smuggler Story" (1952)


"Dangerous Assignment" was not exactly a show I was familiar with until a few weeks ago, but thanx to our pal in Berlin, Lord Litter! I am now!
If you like all kinds of music and culture, please go check out his site!

I have only watched the first episode so far, but the first thing that I noticed was that Brian Donlevy only wears the top hat and tails during the introduction, I guess just to make it look more classy!

Brian Donlevy is the star of the show, and this is the way he really looks in the role of Secret Agent Steve Mitchell!
If you don't happen to know who Brian Donlevy is, here are a couple of key words for you!
"The Quatermass Xperiment," "Enemy From Space," and "Curse Of The Fly!"

The little sound clip from the introduction up top has got Nick Danger written all over it!!
RENOISSIMMOC?? What could it possibly mean? 
What planet are these aliens being smuggled from?

Steve Mitchell is sent off to a sleepy little town in Portugal called Misembra!!

Wanna get some clues?? Better check in at the local fish market first!

The previous agent who was on the job is found hanging from the bell tower!

Cut to the swinging pendulum of a clock!

Uum!! Seems like some of the smuggled immigrants didn't make it! Talk about a ripoff!

Betty Jean Bierce, aka Jane Adams is the sumptuous Maria Delgada!
Jane was also in "House Of Dracula," "The Brute Man," and the 1949 "Batman And Robin!"
She just passed away a couple of years ago at the age of 95.

All the smoking over the years, how did we ever mange to survive?
PSA #13 - Don't do it kids! It looks cool, but it's really stupid!

 
"I Ain't no mountain goat!"

 Nice alarm clock!!

Classic portrait of Brian Donlevy!

 Seriously, I gotta say, out of all the things in life I've had to worry about, one of them is not a 300+ pound dude in a suit chasing me through water!
Beep, Beep!! I'm gone!

While the guys duke it out, Maria Delgada just stands there looking horrified, but hot!

"Yeah, I met a hot chick when I was on this job, she's here with me right now! Thanks for asking!"
If you want to watch this first episode of "Dangerous Assignment for free, then head on over to the Internet Archive!
If the walls don't burn down, and the creeks don't rise, we'll be doing another one of these some day, until then, check back on Friday to see what Root Boy has to offer!!

2 comments:

Grant said...

I'm sorry to hear about Jane Adams. Even though I guess it's considered kind of a "programmer" (in spite of Rondo Hatton, I mean), I've always liked her a lot as the blind girl in THE BRUTE MAN.

EEGAH!! said...

Well, at least she made it to 95! That's a pretty good run!

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??