Wednesday, April 1, 2015

SÓCIO DE ALCOVA - Luiz Bonfá - "Carnival Of Crime" (1962)

Howdy Ya'll, it's April Fools Day down in The Dungeon, but wouldn't you know it, tonight I'm actually not kidding around! I was really looking forward to seeing "Sócio de Alcova!" Great title, cool poster, it sounded like a party I didn't want to miss, but you know what the bottom line is, life is just too short, and I don't have time to sit through movies like this any more! Maybe it's a great movie, but I doubt I'll ever be desperate enough to try and find out, and I'll tell you why!

From The Dungeon Of Doom to the Carnival Of Crime! "No, No, No, I really don't care!"
 
 I seriously think that if I hadn't of sat through this agonizingly long scene of absolute bullshit that I swear it seemed like it went on for 10 or 15 minutes that I might have had a different opinion of this film, but if this is any indication of what the rest of the film is like then you can count me out! Besides the ultra dull and tedious conversation about nothing between two utterly uninteresting characters, they didn't even take the time to get a decent shot!! I'd watch "Manos: Hands Of Time" for the 10th time before I'd try and sit through this again!

 Personally, I just think this movie was made to try and take advantage of the location of the newly built city and capital of Brazil, Brasília!

Today, a mere 55 years later, Brasília is the home to a population of almost three million!

 Being a fan of Brazilian music, I was excited to learn that the soundtrack for "Carnival Of Crime" consisted of music by the brilliant Brazilian guitarist Luiz Bonfá who also wrote some of the music for"Orfeu Negro!
Here's the theme that is not disappointing at all! I'm sure it's the most exciting part of the movie!

 If you think I'm just all sour grapes, and you have an Amazon Prime account, you can go and see for yourself, and please be sure and get back to me! The good news is that you won't waste any money, bad news is that in my humble opinion, you will probably end up wasting some time! Ball's in your court!

3 comments:

W.B. Kelso said...

Did you notice those horrific inserts were done by the same schlubs who did the inserts for MADMEN OF MANDORAS, morphing it into THEY SAVED HITLER'S BRAIN?

Eegah!! said...

Honestly W.B., No I didn't. I was too numb to notice anything, but that really makes sense!

TABONGA! said...

I recently watched this snooze-fest I got in the 12 movie collection CULT TERROR CINEMA for about $5 on Amazon...

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??